St. Andrews - Listed Building Project
St Andrews Chambers is a Grade 2 listed building in the centre of Newcastle circa 1860 and is constructed over 6 floors, basement, ground, first, second, third and fourth. The building is also constructed on top of the original town wall which is classed as an ancient monument, Grade 1 listed, circa 1300. MRM prepared all the listed building planning applications for change of use to convert this into an International Language School, and a retail restaurant unit on the ground floor central street location. MRM prepared a complete specification for all structural work, rain water goods refurbishment, overhaul of over 100 windows, lead work to the roof, - in fact an extensive external refurbishment programme and co-ordinated all the utility services, including a specification upgrade of incoming energy use to suit the new tenants.